Taken from the 1979 BSA Handbook (9th Edition is considered one of the best due to the writings of “Green Bar Bill”) and modified (Original Included for reference.) The main reason I use the 9th edition is because I was in scouts at that time, it is familiar.
I generally pack more toward the Backpacking List included at the bottom. Often because I am hiking in to a site or because I am tired of cleaning all my gear every time I go out in the woods.
- Pack/Bag/Suitcase (something to hold your stuff)
- Sleeping bag (blankets, pillow, liner)
- Foam pad or air mattress
- Groundsheet, plastic
- Jacket, poncho, raincoat, hat
- Hiking boots, tennis shoes, camp shoes
- Clothing – shirt, shorts, pants, underwear, socks, swim trunks, PJs
- Toilet Kit – soap, wash cloth, toothbrush, tooth paste, comb/brush
- Mess Kit – knife, fork, spoon, bowl, plate, cup
- Personal Gear – TOILET PAPER, Flashlight, Pocket knife, prayer book, first aid kit, paracord, money, handbook
- Fishing Pole, tackle box